Assist Indigenous & Aboriginal people who live in the Niagara catchment area in their search for a healthy lifestyle that excludes drugs, gambling and alcohol abuse. This includes initial contact, assessments, peer counselling, assistant, assistance with treatment planning and especially aftercare plans. The venue chosen is a blend of traditionally based approaches and mainstream methods with a decided emphasis on the traditional. The clients’ personal choices regarding religious/spiritual practice must always be considered when developing a plan of care.
- One to one discussions on the use of the four main medicines, the medicine wheel, & the seven grandfathers teaching in daily life.
- Smudging, pipe, & sweat lodge (Inipi) ceremonies
- Group sessions, based on talking circles.
- Referrals to FENFC programs as needs arise.
- Referrals to mainstream for areas not covered by FENFC programs (ie: psychiatrists)
- Referrals to assessment and treatment centres.
- Guidance for self-healing journey (vision quest, fast)
- Referrals to Three Fires Alternative justice if warranted.